Friday, August 21, 2009

sugar-free gum...

"see what ya gotta do is chew sugarless gum"
"ya cuz chewing bazooka got me a fat butt!" -Kevin James (sweat the small stuff.
I don't know about you but Kevin James is pure genius! he is so cleaver about being fat, it just cracks me up, & I relate on so many levels.
In one of his comedy routines he talks about getting weight-loss advice from people who are bigger than you. I just laugh because to be honest I'm the one usually giving the advice. Well to be fair I would like to say I study up a lot on health and weight loss and I really do know about what works what doesn't, good exercises, and all that jazz. My problem is putting it in to affect.
So here's what up:
* try not to eat carbs after 3ish
*if you can don't eat after 7pm or in my case 9pm cuz i get super shaky from my hypoglycemia
* you really need to get your heart-rate up for at least 45mins to an hour
(just a nice stroll in the park isn't enough, i mean great for you getting out and all but make it really worth it, just a slow pace walk won't cut it folks)
*You really do need a positive mind. if you focus on all the negative then don't even begin trying to lose weight. weight-loss is not only physical but mental.
*set small simple goals, like drop 10 pounds in a month or even smaller then that. Just ones that realistically can be done.
*keep fruits and veggies ready to eat, cut up your veggies and put them in a bag or bowl right where your eye can see when you open up the fridge, same thing with fuits. Out of sight means out of mind, so if you don't see those bright yummy foods you usually don't think to eat 'em.
*really in many cases you should cut out all the "bad junk food", but in majority of us we deprive ourselves we end up OVER induldging and bam back to square one, so if you really have to have some chocolate have the 90% coco (dark chocolate) and set out like one or two bites and put the rest away before you even bite in. like store it in the freezer so it takes longer to enjoy or have someone you live with hide your "treat" and get you a couple every once in a while.
*just plain and simple don't keep the junk in your home, your most likely not gonna drive somewhere to get it. and if so go to the frozen yogurt parlor and get the smallest one. that way you don't have a gallon of ice cream in your freezer tempting you for more.
*if you do have one of those "oops! I just ate the whole bag" then don't fret, start over your next meal, don't put it off till tomorrow. just cuz you ate bad for lunch doesn't mean you can't eat better for dinner. we all mess up every now and again, jump back in! don't give up!
See what i'm saying I have great stuff about weight loss I just suck at doing it. So please do take my advice and get going. (yes i'm talking to myself too!)




sometimes we overwhelm ourselves with "TOO MUCH" take it one day at a time

So here's what's been going on. I know i've missed a few days but I'll be honest it's been an interesting few days. Plus my computer sucks and sometimes doesn't work. So I had a really bad day on wednesday. I was so upset that instead of feeling my pain and eating I actually didn't eat, I had no appetite. weird I know usually if I have a day like I did then there goes all food in sight. But I even tried to eat and i physically couldn't. so either that's an improvement or because i was so upset my body and mind just wouldn't allow food. & I didn't really over induldge when things got better and I did get my appetite back!
Now on my sad note, yesterday was a family reunion at a swimming pool, and we did not attend. Well one reason my husband was coaching football and we all went to support him and my nephew playing and second and most imortant I was not going to get in my swimsuit in front of my husbands whole family. cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I do feel bad I would have liked to see everyone and I know my kids would have loved swimming, but I honestly just couldn't do it. Nope not getting in my swimsuit until i drop a few. Ya and we are suppose to go to Hawaii and last time I was there I basically lived in my swimsuit, so I better get going, cuz I'm not, not going to enjoy my trip!
Oh then at the football game yesterday I remembered that I was going to be "smaller" next time I saw all those people and Oops! nope I wasn't, now I was prego last time I saw them, but I was going to be one of those "wow you had a baby and you look great!" dang see I let myself down, but I'm not gonna get down about it, i'm gonna do what I can, try and be confident and just be smaller by the end of football season! Hey they can watch the transformation, that would be cool.
All in all it was an okay few days I guess. sure why not. Yep I'm trying to be positive and I'm gonna be healthier and happier. Come on we can do this together.
So lets set our goals together. And as we meet them lets set new ones. and continue till we get where we want to be! remember small and simple to start!

Here's mine:
"I will be 5 lbs. lighter by the 4th of August." (remember slow and steady wins the race)
now leave yours in the comment box and lets do this together!

1 comment: