Friday, August 14, 2009

rating calls...

GO AHEAD RATE THEM 1-10
I give them a 9!

Do you ever talk with your friends or whoever and go over and over how you hate being this way or that "if only I could change this..." or "I would give anything.." Yup that's me! I do that lots, ecspecially with one of my sister-in-laws. Well then if I would give anything then, why not give up my favorite treat or give up a few minutes of my time to go exercise? well let's be honest I just might not want it that bad to do that. right? Serious if someone really wants something then usually they get up and do whatever it takes. So oaky here I am wanting to not necessarily be super thin and skinny, but skinnier healthier. so what am I gonna do to make it happen? Hmmm, well I am gonna start by giving up some time on other lazy things I do and get my sneakers on and exercise. There I said it to all of you, now it's not only on my shoulders to do it, but on yours too! you know I said i'd do it, so now check up on me! I expect you to. That's how it's gonna have to work I need support and pressure. I work well under pressure. (come on bran I do, i might pull my hair, but I do get what needs to be done, done :0) )


Ha i was just remembering something from the good 'ol days. let me share...

i was a young 11 year old girl going through the awkward stages of being a 6th grader, i remember thinking to my hot young not quite grown into my body self, "UGH i'm fat!" i mean come on i know 11 doesn't seem young now-a-days to start thinking "I'm fat" but really back way back when it kinda was. While most girls i knew where worried about if they should still play barbies or start shaving their legs, I was with my friends calling boys and asking them to do a "rating call" and for those of you who don't remember or know what that is i'll explain. a rating call is where a bunch of you and your friends call up the cute popular boys in school, try to disguise your voice and ask them to rate 3 or more girls on a scale from 1 through 10 and you know how it goes: 1 is super ugly wouldn't kiss, 3 is you'd kiss but not tell anyone you did, 5 you'd kiss cuz their kinda cute and you'd only tell your best friend you did, 7 you'd kiss and wouldn't mind telling anyone, and a 9 or 10 for sure you'd kiss and brag to everyone!!! so while putting yourself through the torture of seeing what the boys thought of you on that dreaded scale, you hold your breath and pray they give you at least a 5, and of course they never go lower then a 5 cuz their moms taught them to "be nice" right?! now are we on the same page? so anyway back to worrying about my tummy being fat. so ya if for some strange reason i got that "5"( only cuz i believed i was being compared on the list with the cutest girls in school, heather, natalee, crystal, brittney, you know you were the prettiest ones girls don't deny it!) so ya being a "5" was NOT good. why do we put ourselves through so much, just to set ourselves up for hurt feelings or whatever? You do have to admit though, that it is funny "rating" calls oh man I was halrious. don't lie you did it too...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Maren! I am so going through this right now, but I just keep telling myself it was so worth it! (the kids I mean:) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maren...ha ha ha! Rating calls were so funny, we did them like daily to all those hotties, Zach, Troy, Sean, Ryan...
    It's so funny because you were 10x prettier than me and I remember you always getting rated like a 10! I always secretly hated Natalie Vilos because she was a 10 on everyone's list!

    ReplyDelete