Monday, August 17, 2009

it's MoNdAY...

High school memories



ya i had a crush on these guys except the guy on the right (he's my brother)


just a pic of what i use to look like

Our High school Soccer team, i'm somewhere in the middle front

i'm the one on the very right on the other side of me my 2 best friends


I'm in the middle (yellow shirt)

Yep I took a picture of my year book picture (that's me in the middle)

I'm the one in the middle my best friend on the leftsome of the best girls I know!








It's Monday, so how many of you are starting your diets today? come on be honest, you know you ate crap all weekend cuz "i'm gonna start my diet on Monday". I know there's hundreds, nah, Thousands of you who do this every week, and yes i'm one of them! So here's the deal lets stop being "MONDAY dieters" lets start those diets Sunday or even Tuesday. Face it Mondays are hard enough. its the start of the week, it's just plain rough. So come on start fresh before you have to start your week or start fresth after you get through your "starting of the week" give yourself a brake. Oh and usually you start Monday and end Monday night, and then it's "i'll start next Monday" right? this is you admit it. Okay or you are the 1 in a million that starts Monday and continues on no problem. (good for you)

So for you who start monday and end monday lets try and Start Tuesday and push through till wednesday and go from there. i'll be checking in on you!

So I wanted to share a "fat moment" with you. It was before I was pregnant with my 3rd baby, and I was out shopping for clothes, when I ran into 2 girls from high school. I really didn't want to see these girls cuz they were rude in high school and apparently their ones who didn't change after high school and still were jerks. they are cute nothing special but they think they are "Hot stuff". So anyway, I try to avoid them and bam they still see me. I hear them laugh and then I hear them "try" and whisper to each other "oh my gosh look at her!" and keep laughing. Ya I know I have put on weight, but one of them was a tad bit heavier and really not very cute. but of course it cuts deep like a knife and really bugs me the rest day, and it still left a scar cuz I hate seeing people I use to know, because of how much I've changed physically. Now I really hope we've changed sense High school, you know how most were so wrapped up in themselves and really judgemental, so ya I do hope people have changed for the better and "grew up", I know I have, silly things aren't as important to me, well i guess apperance is still on my list, but I mean, I don't look at people the same, I try not to be one to judge. I try to get to know people's stories. You never know what might be going on in others lives. You don't know why people do the things they do, maybe their having an off day or maybe their stuggling with something themselves. You just never know. So lets try and not be quick to judge.
Now back to those 2 girls that laughed at me. I don't hate them, I'm hurt by what they did at the store, but i'm not gonna be rude or talk crap on them. I just hope they one day realize that being jerks won't get them far in life...
Sad huh, wow that kinda helped me. I guess now I realize even more why I don't want to see people I knew from back then. Huh, funny how talking about somethings really opens doors to reasons of pain or why I don't do certain things now. Thanks guys what great therapists you are!
Speaking of high school, do you ever wish you could go back? I just watched 17 again this weekend. I know it's a teen movie, but it really made me think. What would I do different if I could go back. Well first off I wouldn't have worried so much about boys, one impaticular. and I would have taken more advantage of being "just in high school" come one really think about it. You shouldn't have worries. I mean really none of that stuff matters now, who cares if you were the head cheerleader or the football star. The only thing you should care about are the memories. were you the jerk in high school or did you want to have friends, even with the "unpopular" ones. I mean I'd like to think I was friends with everyone. But maybe I did something rude to someone. I would like to be the first to say i'm sorry. really i am sorry from the bottom of my little chubby heart. I never wanted to hurt people. I know I had a few spiffs with certain people along the way but i'm sorry.
wow that feels great too! if this blog doesn't help anyone at least i'm feeling better and really expressing myself! Now here's my challenge to you. Leave your comments and what I want you to do is tell someone you're sorry, tell them you're sorry for whatever. you can use real names or leave your comment anonymously. Just do it. Be brave and balls up and say you're sorry.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maren! I never start a diet on Monday...they seem to never work! So I start on Tuesday! I'm sure it's a "brain" thing! I always do better on Tuesdays!

    I am sorry for having an attitude of intolerance to some friends and family members back in my 20's. I'm older now and wiser, i think!

    Your Mom's cousin,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maren,

    I wonder why we can't apply that old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." That's a bunch of bologne. Those words really hurt and they are difficult to put out of mind.

    As far as dieting use that storage wheat without all the sweet toppings. Chew each bite twenty-five times or more and don't skip meals, only the content.

    Will you change the color of your text? I can barely make out the gray wording. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know the names of those two girls, you be the bigger person, I'll kick the shiz out of them :)
    So anyway... deep breaths...totally kidding, but seriously that is rediculous and if they knew that you snagged yourself a great husband and are an amazing mom to 3 gorgeous little ones they'd change their tune. Your amazing!
    So as for an apology, I am pretty sure I owe one to the entire school, what a biotch I was! And why, couldn't tell ya? I am most sorry for the friends that I hurt, thankfully I chose good friends and they forgave me for being such a retard ;) I got a rude awakening in college when I ran into some old high school girls and they told me how mean I was. I swear on my life that I have been nice to anyone and everyone that I have met since! Love ya Mar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete